“To make a save is so important as to score one goal””
Our goal is to provide all those who are motivated, irrespective of their age, gender or level of specific training to become the best goalkeeper they can be.
The only thing that matters to us is the desire to learn. We put 100% energy and the passion into goalkeeper development, and with these two ingredients we will develop the goalkeeper in a positive and fun environment.
We firmly believe that repeating the exercises is not the only key to being a good goalkeeper (although practice makes permanent).CD Sportcab Marbella the extra benefits lies in the coach’s knowledge and his ability to develop and adapt the exercises to the requirements of each student and, above all, in the humility and the daily work of the goalkeeper, consistency, routine and great technique will improve the quality of the goalkeeper.
The coaches will create exercises and adapt them to each level of player learning.
Improve all the technical know-how of a goalkeeper:
- Shot stopping, Blocking, Punching the right way, Saving.
- Aerial game and the ability to play with the feet
- Distribution with hands and feet.
Improving coordination and the specific physicality of a goalkeeper.
Develop tactical concepts of a goalkeeper:
- Control and direction of outfield players.
- Anticipation of the the game.
To develop the knowledge of the player to enable right decision making in the different situations.
And very important, to help the player gain in confidence on and off the pitch.
- Stage of initiation: Through the repetition of simple exercises and of games we will ensure that the students have fun and also learn all the basic technical skills of a goalkeeper.
- Improvement stage: At this stage the player already has the basic knowledge and skills, however, we will continue to improve day by day with exercises that devel further the skills of the player, will increase the difficulty with the movement in goal, the intensity of the actions and the speed of the exercises.
- Advanced stage: This stage finds its maximum expression introducing the exercises in real situations of the player, seeking the perfect answer to real situations applying the technique learned by making the right decisions at all times.
Many clubs introduce these stages according to the student’s age, however, CD Sportcab Marbella considers that the important strategy is to teach according to the level of each student.
Each group will be built with members / players of a similar level in order to adapt the exercises to that level and to reach the desired oucome and ability. We will seek through homogenous groups a constant progression.
Click here to register:
“Do not want to be like the others, make others want to be like you”
1st y 2nd Division Youth Categories
The training sessions will be designed by Sergio Caballero at the same time that he will follow up daily to each goalkeeper, thus to see how they progress daily in each training session.
At the moment CD Sportcab Marbella collaborates with youth Categories Spanish Clubs of 1st and 2nd división, fomenting the continuity and the progression of the young talents.
Click here to register: